We exist to glorify God by attracting and winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, nurturing them in our Christian family, bringing them to Christ-like maturity, and involving them in meaningful ministry.
Knowing, Being, Going
John 8:31-32 “So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
God’s word is where we discover His truth and perfect love for us. Sunday School classes and small group Bible studies are where we come together intentionally to grow in our knowledge of God and faith in Him. These groups also provide great opportunities for developing and deepening relationships with other believers.
Sunday School Classes (9:45am on sundays)
Young Adults Co-Ed
- Sacred Journey (Shawn Kight) - Fellowship Hall, Rm 4
- Soul Cafe (John Sutton) - Fellowship Hall, Rm 3
- Post College Young Adult (Roy Wright, Jacob Williams) - Fellowship Hall, Rm 5
- LifeBridge College & Career (Kurtis & Carol Underwood) - Bldg H, Rm 4
- Berean (Alan Sanders, Tom Starrett, Eric Van Pelt) - Bldg A, Rm 213
- Acts 2 (Clem Boatright, Allen Coleman) - Bldg H, Rms 5 & 7
- Followers (Bob Crowe) - Bldg H, Rms 1 & 3
- Cornerstone (Marion Ballard) - Bldg A, Rm 212
- Jabez (Charles Higgs) - The Rock Chapel
- C.R. Collins/J.O.Y. (Roy Bateman, Ken Thigpen) - Bldg A, Rm 109
- Faith Builders (David Haile, Tom Carlton) - Fellowship Hall, Rms 1 & 2
- Genesis (Jim Filler) - Bldg H, Rm 2
- One Accord (Jess Moorman, Tom Taylor) - Bldg A, Rms 205 & 209
- Stillwell (Dick Stillwell) - Bldg A, Conference Room (Downstairs offices)
- The Way (Mary Grissett, Marjorie Wood) - Bldg A, Rm 107
- Dangerous Women (Pat Morales) - Bldg A, Rm 214
- Rebekah (Margaret Forrester) - Bldg A, Rm 113
- Charity (Carol Shupe) - Bldg A, Rms 110 & 111
- Faith (Nancy McDonald) - Bldg A, Rm 108
Adult Special Education
- Friendship (Janice Higgs, Mark Staley) - Bldg A, Rm 112
Weekly Bible Studies
- Precept Bible Study (Donna Reams) - Mondays, 9:15am, Fellowship Hall
- Ladies' Bible Study (Lisa Cockerham) - Tuesdays, 9:00am, Ministry Center
- Ladies' Bible Study (Joy Kight) - Tuesdays, 4:00pm, Ministry Center (starts in October)
- Men's Discipleship Group (Derrick Hartley) - Wednesdays, 6:00pm, Bldg H
- Ladies' Bible Study (Susan Freeman) - Wednesdays, 6:00pm, Bldg H
- Ladies' Bible Study (Milissa Wright) - Wednesdays, 6:00pm, Buchanan Hall (Offices)
- Young Adult Bible Study (ages 18-24) - Mondays, 6:00pm (Off-campus, for info, email Derrick)
- Men's Bible Study (Kurtis Underwood) - Wednesdays, 6:00pm, Bldg H
Jesus said in John 15:7, “If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”
When Jesus is our essence for life and we are discovering His perfect love and truth in His word, then our communication with Him will reflect that. His will for our lives will become our hearts’ desire.
Prayer and Worship times are designed for us to communicate to God our love for and obedience to Him.
- Sunday Evenings in the Rock Chapel at 5:00pm
- Wednesday Evenings in the Rock Chapel at 5:45pm
- Sunday Morning Blended Worship: 11:00am in the Worship Center
- Sunday Morning Contemporary Worship: 11:00am in the Fellowship Hall
- Sunday Night Worship: 6:00pm in the Worship Center
Jesus said in John 13:34-35, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
Fellowship times are designed for us to celebrate God’s faithfulness in our lives and promote unity in our church. From chili cook-offs and church olympics to variety shows and family picnics, we make sure to have a little fun while developing and deepening our relationships with one another!
Jesus said in John 15:8, “By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.” Later, Holy Spirit defined this fruit by writing through Paul in Galatians 5:22-23, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” Jesus also said in John 15:13, “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”
Our outreach and service opportunities are designed for us to glorify God by seeing the needs of others as greater than our own and to bear the Fruit of the Spirit in our world.
If you have any questions or would like more information about any of the many opportunities for spiritual growth at First Baptist Blairsville, feel free to contact us below!
Minister of Spiritual Development